Friday, December 28, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in 496 The Mystic's Future

This is the nail polish I am wearing today. I bought this bottle awhile back but never found the chance to wear it because it always seemed to clash with whatever I had planned to wear. Granted, I slipped into little black dress mode for pretty much every occasion, the problem was that I was almost always wearing either a rust-colored coat (like a dark red orange) or a tomato red jacket. So I loved the color in the bottle but found it hard to wear.


L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in 496 The Mystic's Future

The Mystic's Future is a metallic eggplant with fuschia shimmer. It would work with violets and plums and will certainly complement pinks. It would stand out against any backdrop of neutrals for sure. What drew me to it was the fact that there seems to be nothing in my nail polish collection that's similar. I found out the hard way that the reason this is so is because it doesn't go with my usual palette. Given the name Mystic's Future, it conjured images of a turban-wrapped fortune-teller at a New Orleans carnival. But that's my imagination playing. It's not an everyday color for me but definitely interesting. It has a good formula that is easy to apply and dries to full opacity in two coats (as pictured above).

This may be the last post for the year so if it takes me a few days or even weeks to get along with more reviews, I wish everyone a safe holiday season and a fantastic new year. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment