Thursday, December 6, 2012

Guerlain Météorites Perles Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer




Not everyone sees the need for primer before applying foundation but this is a step that I rarely skip if I'm doing a full face. I just feel like I might as well, you know? There are two primers that I love and use depending on the condition of my skin and the weather. On warmer days and when my skin isn't so dry, I use Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in Neutral. On cold days and when my skin is exceptionally dry, I need the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer.

I received a Guerlain Météorites Perles Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer deluxe sample during the last Nordstrom Trend Show. I had purchased a slew of Guerlain products and there was a generous gift with purchase offered at the time. I have pictures of those items in a previous post (click here to see).

This particular primer has the light-diffusing pearls suspended in a gel formula. The idea is that the pearls will bounce light off the skin in a way that de-emphasizes imperfections, giving the skin a more even-toned appearance. How cute do those pearls look floating in the clear gel?






The 5 mL/0.17 oz. sample was sufficient for multiple uses. The pearls get sucked into the pump dispenser mixed with some of the gel and what comes out is a shimmering pink liquid which seems transparent when applied to the skin. If you look hard enough, you may notice some of that shimmer action but it's very faint. See below the little blob of pink that looks like liquid hand soap or some kind of body wash? That's the primer after it comes out of the bottle. The bottom picture is zoomed in more and shows the shimmer a little better.





I think that this product can be worn alone but I find that it doesn't do much for me that way. You definitely don't need to worry about looking shiny. I promise, it isn't shiny at all! It's heavily perfumed and smells like most Guerlain products (I think it's supposed to smell like violets). It's one of the few things that I enjoy about it but I am certain that it will annoy at least a handful of people.

As a primer, I am not sure that this has done anything positive for me. I suspect that it sucks out moisture because I find that at the end of the day, my foundation (hence, my face) looks really dry so that it actually emphasizes lines instead of drawing attention away from them. If you have dry skin like me, this is something to avoid in the cold months.  Normal to oily skin types may benefit year-round.

So would I purchase this in full size? Listen, it's $70 an ounce, it's not suited to my skin type and I have primers that really work for me and cost less. If you think it may do wonders for you, Sephora has a limited edition kit that includes what looks like a full size Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator (a highlighter pen), a 0.28 oz. jar of Météorites Pearls in Teint Rosé and this very same primer sample that I have in my post. It's $57 for the whole lot. I'm not affiliated with Sephora but here's a link to that item (Precious Lights Radiance Essentials Kit) and I hope they've corrected the spelling error on the product name by the time you look at it. The kit tempts me but I know I definitely don't need it so I'll save my money. If you do buy it, I'd love to hear if the highlighter pen works for you.


1 comment:

  1. well that I did not buy the full amount! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete