Monday, November 5, 2012

Regard Signé de Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Harmonie du Soir




For the 2012 holiday season, the Regarde Signé de Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Harmonie du Soir. Doesn't it look so pretty? If you're not convinced, see the rest of the pictures below.






As if being presented in a sumptuous package wasn't enough, these shadows are smooth like velvet and pack creamier pigment compared to a lot of Chanel eyeshadow quads. The only problem is that you get a mere 0.14 oz. of product for a whopping $65. Would you cave?




Harmonie du Soir is a quartet of true holiday colors. I think of it as a gift wrapped in a black box with shimmering baby pink and taupe, and a ribbon of plum and gold. As much as I thought it was highway robbery, I could... not... resist.





Granted, I have plenty of eyeshadows, including a number of Chanel quads. I look at this and think, well, these colors are easy to replicate. I could find a pink like that, a taupe like that. I have many golds and a few of these red-plum-purple-brown shimmer shades. Heck, I just spent $59 on the Guerlain Turandot quad. BUT, I do not have a quad exactly like Harmonie du Soir.




The reality is, noone buys a $65 eyeshadow quad because they're being practical. You would buy this because you have a weakness for Chanel, or collect Chanel makeup, or you want to treat yourself to something special. If you buy this for someone else, I can almost guarantee the gushing and hugging and undying devotion that will follow. It is truly a very beautiful quad. The colors work well together. They can be worn one shade at a time or all at once. Personally, I wear them two shades at a time, being more partial to the gold and taupe combo.

If I had any complaints, I guess I wish that even just one color had more oomph. Even the taupe doesn't give me as much depth as I'd like. But there will be days when you want to keep it light. Depth can be achieved by using a darker base. I also recommend an eyeshadow primer or a cream base. Not only will this intensify the colors a little bit but it will keep the shadow from fading. I tried this without a base and actually had it on for about 12 hours before I looked at it again. The color I had below the crease had faded to almost nothing. It was the pink. Everything else was fine. Blame oily lids. Wear time is average otherwise.

I have another picture of the swatches below but if you'd like the better version, comparing this with the Guerlain Turandot quad, click here.




Chanel Harmonie du Soir quad $65

On my next post, I'll tell you more about the Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Apparence that was released with this collection. The Mystery gloss that came with it was reviewed in the previous post (or click here to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment