Monday, November 12, 2012

Le Volume de Chanel Mascara

I have to admit I've liked Chanel's mascaras in the past. So when the Chanel associate at my favorite Nordstrom told me about the new Le Volume mascara and asked if I wanted in on the first few tubes that they would be getting, I readily agreed.




The tube itself is lovely. It's a departure from the old, boxy Inimitable package. Now we have a sleek black cylinder framing the white interlocking C's on the top.




There's only one color, number 10 Noir, which is fine. Noir is probably all I'll ever need. This Noir applies perfectly black and doubles my lashes in one quick swipe. Unlike the CoverGirl Clump Crusher, this builds volume in about two seconds. Nice!


The brush is heavily coated with product and yes, it's a little crooked

I imagine that it's the combination of the wet but not too thick formula and the brush which allows Le Volume to well, create volume, in an instant. I find that I do have to exercise care as it is easy to overapply and like most volumizing mascaras, it will make your lashes stick together if you put on too much. A couple of swipes is really all it takes. But I want the lashes to fan out properly and I like seeing the individual lashes coated so I do a mere two or three swipes with Le Volume and then define with the Clump Crusher. In a way, I use the Clump Crusher as a lash comb. Le Volume does most of the work.


Wearing Chanel Apparence as a lid wash and Le Volume on lashes

Nice and dark in just a couple of swipes

If I had to choose just one, I'd go with Le Volume because it's faster and easier to get to the desired lash intensity that I'm looking for. It delivers according to my expectations. It might be a little overpriced but it's Chanel. There's no surprise there. Now I'd like to see them come out with a waterproof version that won't irritate, flake or dry up too quickly.

If you'd like to get your hands on the Chanel Le Volume Mascara, the Chanel website is doing a preview beginning today. They will be selling a limited number of tubes online. I'm not certain when retailers will carry this but if you prefer to wait, they will certainly have it in the next few of months. I suspect that I will be buying another tube.




UPDATE 11/17/12: I got a mailer from Nordstrom today saying that this will be available at the counter beginning Nov 23. I'm not sure if that just means that they will have the samples/testers then but shipments to the various stores aren't always completed on the same date. Either way, very soon

UPDATE: In stock at your local Chanel counter now :)

2 comments: