Monday, November 19, 2012

La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream with Sunscreen (SPF 15)



I remember talking about some deals you can get on La Roche-Posay products last September. I got this tube of Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream for a really good price at a local CVS store then. It's almost funny that half the time I walk into CVS looking for something else, I end up purchasing something from La Roche-Posay instead. The brand has a phenomenal reputation. Its different lines beg to be tried, what with product samples, coupons and additional discounts. I've found that manufacturer coupons are often taped to the shelves at CVS and when combined with other store coupons, it becomes so much more affordable. At the moment, I'm all about that.




Some sunscreens are very runny and some are very thick. The runny ones tend to not be moisturizing enough and the super thick ones are difficult to apply, take time to absorb and sometimes look terrible on. With the La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream with Sunscreen, I get the best qualities of a daily moisturizer and sunscreen. It's actually moisturizing enough for my face and neck. It's not runny but it absorbs quickly and easily. It disappears into the skin so it works well under makeup and without makeup on top. The texture and consistency are perfect for me and my skin feels good after I use it. I look forward to doing so everyday.

I recently started a Tretinoin regimen and although my dermatologist doesn't believe that I would burn more easily when I use Tretinoin (and of course, I only use it at night), no doctor would dispute the fact that it's a good idea to use sunscreen daily. I've been told that for fairer skin, SPF 30 is probably the minimum I should be wearing. But when my sun exposure is very minimal, I think that I'm ok with SPF 15. I just try to keep myself shielded from the sun the rest of the day.

Right now, the only issue that I have with this product is that it has a low SPF rating. If I feel that I'm going to get more sun exposure and need greater protection, I would have to use something else (like Anthelios 60, reviewed here). It's a shame because I like this product enough to wish that I could use just this all the time. I'm starting to think that the qualities that make a moisturizer with sunscreen less inviting to use go with higher SPF ratings. Basically, as you get to SPF 30 and above, the texture of the cream changes and it's more likely to leave a white cast or it isn't as nice to apply. Perhaps I just haven't found the perfect high SPF moisturizer but I'm good with this one. If it suits your needs, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. For me, it's a new staple.

For pictures of full product packaging and information, see below. All pictures can be clicked to enlarge. For further information, see manufacturer's website.






1 comment:

  1. I agree! This is a great moisturizer, too bad the spf isn't higher.

    ReplyDelete