Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Burberry Complete Eye Palette in No. 7 Pink Taupe (Part 2)

Burberry Complete Eye Palette in No. 7 Pink Taupe

So this is the second part of yesterday's post. I took a few more pictures of the quad and then I went ahead with the swatches. I hope you like sheerer colors because that's where Pink Taupe is taking us.




Disappointing? Yes, I know. Working with this quad was one of the few times I felt like I wasn't sure what to do. I wondered if the shades were arranged in order so I tried it with the brown as liner, the pink on the lid, the green on the crease and the gold as an allover wash/highlighter. That didn't look quite right. The pink is what kills this quad for me. It's like a matte, pink brown. Remembering what a MAC artist told me one time, to use a color I'm uncomfortable with on the crease, I switched it up a little. I went with the green on the lid, the gold on the browbone and then softly brushed in the pink on the crease. I went back in with the green to intensify the color a little and lined with the brown.




Let me tell you, with how sheerly these colors go on, it's nearly impossible to capture the effect in photos. If you want a natural effect, this quad will work. If you want saturated color forget it. Mixing colors tended to make the whole thing look muddy so I'd advise against layering. As for primer, it didn't do much to make the shades more intense. As a matter of fact, that's the most positive thing about this quad. At least on me, it doesn't require primer. I wore it without and it didn't crease or fade throughout the day. I actually think it looked better later in the day.




Here's the verdict: I had higher expectations. Maybe I picked the wrong quad. I don't think this is worth the money. I actually thought about returning it because it was such a disappointment. All the Burberry eyeshadows I have are awesome and these seem to be a little drier and less pigmented. If you've been told that these colors are Burberry's best-selling, I suspect that you're getting wrong information. These are clearly not the same.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches, it's too bad they're so sheer. I can certainly understand your disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's extra frustrating to me wasn't just that they were sheer. It's that they seemed to be of a different quality from the Burberry eyeshadow singles which I love. I don't buy a lot of them because I prefer quads (storage issue) but this one didn't live up to my expectations :(

      Delete
    2. That's really too bad about the lack of quality. I'm not a big shadow wearer (just tightline & mascara) but I do love the Burberry Sheer Summer Glow from this summer.

      Delete