Saturday, October 13, 2012

Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash

I thought about doing this review today because I saw that Target's website had a $1 off coupon with purchase of two facial care items (good on Pond's, Simple and St. Ives products only) and I'm pretty sure I got a manufacturer coupon in the mail somewhere. Remember that Target will honor one manufacturer and one Target coupon for the same product so if you have one of each, this will save you a fair bit.

The Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash is what I have in the shower right now. I'd been using it for weeks and I like it.




The product comes in a 5 fl. oz. tube. The instructions tell you to squeeze a small amount into your hands and to work it into a lather. This is a necessary step as when it comes out, you get a really thick, translucent gel that won't dissolve. It kind of just sits there until you rub it enough to produce a light foam. Once over that initial unmelting stage, it lathers nicely and you can massage it into the skin. It can be rinsed out easily enough and doesn't leave an annoying film like a lot of "moisturizing" cleansers do. Just clean and not drying.

The product contains Pro-Vitamin B5 to soften and smooth, Vitamin E to moisturize and no dyes or perfumes. Of that belief that these nutrients are next to useless in a facial wash that you will immediately rinse off, the nutrient content does not impress me. However, the product's performance is adequate for my needs and the price, $6.99 regular retail, is certainly palatable, even without coupons.

I'm not the type to walk into the shower without having removed all my makeup with a wipe prior so I can't endorse this as something that will get your all makeup off completely. I like that it gets off residual oils and dirt but doesn't leave my skin parched. I've also used it with a Clarisonic and it seems to agree with the device. Just one thing to remember, it needs to be rubbed into a lather. After that, you're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment