Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Caramel and Tea Rose

Laura Mercier has recently come out with a new lipstick line, the Crème Smooth Lip Colour, and having tried it at the store, I was met with disappointment. It was a thick formula that seemed to have that effect of sitting on top of my lips and not looking quite right. Perhaps I've gotten used to the sheerer formulas that have come out lately and it was better applied in thinner layers with a lip brush. But as I didn't care much for the boxy packaging that reminded me of Burberry's lipsticks, I couldn't be bothered with experimenting.

I like the old Laura Mercier lipsticks. I thought I'd show you a couple of colors that I never had a chance to feature before.


Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Caramel



Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Caramel

Caramel on left; Tea Rose on right

Caramel is a really creamy sort of peach beige. Tea Rose is a pink beige that seems to have a hint of pearl. This is not very obvious when you put it on. What is obvious, is that Tea Rose is much lighter and applies sheerer than Caramel. These two colors may look similar if you look at them among a pile of neutral lip products but they are very different. To have both would not be redundant but one may look better with certain skin tones than the other. Tea Rose may, in fact, be much too light to be flattering if your natural lip color is a lot darker.



Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Tea Rose

Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Tea Rose

If you're all about looking natural, these two colors make good staples. I prefer Caramel because it applies more evenly and opaquely. It takes more layers to build Tea Rose to a similar opacity. However, both of them last a good few hours on and remain comfortable on the lips throughout the day. If the new Crème Smooth Lip Colour is not your thing, I urge you to check out the older formula. You may find something that you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment