Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rouge G de Guerlain in Gracy 76

Just when I was starting to feel fall kick in, I got a glimpse of the Guerlain 2012 Holiday Collection inspired by Liu. Oh, those pictures hit me hard. The dragon is especially close to my heart (being a dragon myself, it feels made for me) and I imagine that I will cave and buy at least half of that collection as soon as they hit counters in October. Well, time to save up! For now, I thought I'd indulge in Gracy, shade number 76 from the Rouge G de Guerlain line.






What's in a name, no? 76 for Philly and the year of the fire dragon. Gracy called to me during a late night visit to the Guerlain boutique at Epcot at the Walt Disney World in Florida. It was almost 11 PM, at which time the store would be closed. I was the only customer and the place was lighted in a pale yellow warmth that made Gracy less raspberry but more like pink watermelon and it felt like that perfect in between shade. The one that takes you from summer to fall without a hitch.






My experience with the Rouge G de Guerlain lipsticks has been nothing short of fantastic. I think that this truly is the best lipstick that I've tried. The formula is moisturizing, long-lasting and the color envelopes your lips with such rich pigment that even with the most nude shade, it makes sense to make the lips the focal point of the look.

Gracy draws the eye whenever I put it on. I get complimented by perfect strangers. And it makes the outfit. I would wear grey sweatpants, a grey t-shirt, a patterned scarf and denim jacket and Gracy moves the eye towards the face, rather than the drab grey uniform I've set out in to pick up my daughter from Kindergarten.

In the daylight, it softens to a warm pink with a dab of coral. In the shade, there's almost a hint of a muted plum. I have a hard time describing it because it seems to be unlike any other shade I have in my collection. It seems similar to a few glosses that I have (the one pictured below is L'Occitane Rose 4 Reines reviewed here) but no gloss can deliver color as rich and pigmented as the Rouge G de Guerlain in Gracy. And I wouldn't put a gloss on top of Gracy. The cream finish is perfect.








But there's a price for this pretty. $48 + tax. I've found that I buy myself one every year on my birthday because it warrants a special occasion to purchase. The case that they package this explosion of color in is so luxe. It is all metal, silver and beautiful. It is heavy and it is engravable (see engraving here and here). It slides out and comes with a double mirror. Almost pointless since I find that I rarely have to retouch. But it's just lovely. Gracy is lovely. I think you'll agree.




1 comment: