Monday, September 24, 2012

Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush in 169 Grège

Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush in 169 Grège

Natalie Portman posed for Dior's Rouge Nude campaign in appropriately nothing but her pick from the 8 shade lipstick collection, 169 Grège. I had to agree with her choice (perhaps not so much the nudity but it was tastefully done) of color. Although the numbers don't mean anything to me, the color is an easy to wear, warm and natural peachy beige.







Color-aside, the formula seems more in line with recent releases of sheer lip color. There's the familiar slip that feels like Dior Addict. There's the rose scent and the packaging which looks just like the other Rouge Dior lipsticks. But all told, this shade seems quite pigmented. It matches my lips very well so that it doesn't look like I'm wearing any lip color from afar. But up close, all you really see is lipstick.




Dior markets this as a hydrating, plumping and smoothing formula. To be honest, I'm so tired of hearing the words "plumping" in lipstick formulas. Does everyone want to have super plump lips? It's not all that it's cracked up to be, you know. Thankfully, whatever plumping effect seems to be mild. It doesn't sting. Actually, it may be nothing because it didn't seem to fill in fine lip lines like I'd hoped. Isn't that what the plumper is for? It actually settled into the lines a little, which you can see after I'd used flash to take the picture.




So as far as color goes, Grège is a wise pick. But I had a poor experience with the tube. After using it once, it broke! I have never had a tube of lipstick break on me. Never. What is up with that??? So yeah, I liked it. I didn't think it was all that and I'm not going to buy another shade but I like this color. Except now I can't apply it straight from the tube because any attempt I make at reattaching the tip to the rest of the lipstick has failed. Shame.

Each tube is sold for $32 and I've read that sales of 169 Grège will benefit the Free The Children Association.



6 comments:

  1. Grege is beautiful but I can't believe it broke on you. That's horrible! I saw this range recently but felt like it's not as glossy compared to the Addict line. It is definitely a bit more pigmented but price is higher. The shade looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristie! I do like it but it feels pointless if I can't apply it straight from the tube. There's no repairing it because it's so soft. I'm thinking maybe the store will let me exchange it since I just bought it. Looking into it. Personally though, although this has better pigmentation, I think that Addict was better-executed.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a very beautiful lipstick! Maybe slightly lighter than your natural lip pigmentation? I wish I could find a lipstick which would be exactly my lip color, but very slightly darker and redder. This one seems to be slightly lighter, though.
    And thanks for telling us that it broke: it is so expensive, and it breaks right away... Not to say it would happen every time, but it definitely makes me consider whether or not I want to spend that much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that my natural lip color ranges from a super pale pink when I wake up to a more reddish pink after I've had my coffee :) this falls somewhere in between so it's not a color that's very "awake" if you get what I mean. To contrast with a bold eye and just polish up the look of the lips, it works ok.

      Delete
  3. Ah ah, after your comment, I have no more doubt on the magical power of coffee!

    ReplyDelete