Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Lip Products with SPF




Perhaps you've heard of my undying love for lip balm. They come in different colors, flavors, shapes, sizes, scents and even flavors. They come in all price points as well. But when it's free, I can't say no. Sephora's Beauty Insider program offers a lovely duo from Fresh for this year's birthday gift. I'm thrilled to have it because it rounds out my collection of minis to five.





I have three of the five in full size (and last year, I swatched the four tinted ones for you, click here). Sugar Plum is my favorite, followed by Sugar Rosé.


Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15

I like to have the tinted ones in my purse because they make a nice substitute for lipstick at the end of the day when your lips still have a little stain from whatever you may have put on in the morning. This moisturizes your lips and adds a dab of color. There's a clear one too, if that's what you prefer. It makes a good lip prep for color because it moisturizes without being sticky or terribly greasy.


Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

I once knew a guy who carried these around and shamelessly recommended them to everyone. He was completely straight, just so you know. So add that to the list of best-selling items for guys, next to eye cream. While my husband wouldn't be caught dead carrying Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments (or putting on eye cream), I've been able to get him to at least use Chapstick. The old standby comes in a variety of flavors too. The Classic flavors, original, cherry, strawberry and spearmint have SPF 4. My favorite is strawberry.


Strawberry Chapstick SPF 4

Costco carries a variety pack which comes with multiples of all the classic variants pictured below. The blue one has SPF 15. But unless you have a few people to split the pack with, it's probably overkill.




If you're in need of serious lip hydration, you may want to turn to something like the Neosporin Lip Health Daily Hydration Therapy Sunscreen SPF 20.  They promise to restore visibly healthier lips in 3 days! It's a less expensive option than Fresh but costs a bit more than Chapstick. I picked one up at Target.




The product is pasty white coming out of the tube but goes on clear. It's flavor-free but there is a very mild fragrance that reminds me of Johnson's Baby Oil. Its very moisturizing too, much like... hmmm... perhaps baby oil. It is, after all, a combination of oils, petrolatum, cocoa butter... (see ingredients list on packaging below, picture can be clicked to enlarge).




I wouldn't recommend the Neosporin Lip Health Daily Hydration Therapy SPF 20 for use before applying lipstick because it will leave your lips very slick but if you need industrial strength hydration, you might want to try it.

As for me, my birthday month has drawn to a close and I'm going to enjoy my Fresh collection. One of these days, I'm going to get Sugar Coral and the new Sugar Berry. Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment