Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Hand Cream SPF 15



The Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Hand Cream SPF 15 received a 2010 Good Housekeeping Anti-Aging Awards Honorable Mention in the Best Hand Cream with SPF 15+ category. I was originally searching for the winner, the Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Hand Repair Creme SPF 15 but I couldn't find a tube of it anywhere. I think it has been discontinued. I've used the Deborah Lippman Rich Girl Anti-Aging Hand and Cuticle Cream SPF 25 for the last several years. I like it enough to buy another tube but I'm always on the lookout for something else with SPF.

Knowing that Target carries Boots No. 7 items, I tried looking for the Protect & Perfect Hand Cream at the store without any luck. I found the shelf empty. A few weeks later, I discovered two boxes of it in a bin marked with a clearance sticker. The price? $4 each. (I later learned that the product was being repackaged and they are currently back on shelves at a retail of almost $15.)

The hand cream is easily absorbed and that feeling of being moisturized lasts a long time, even after I'd washed my hands again. It leaves a slightly greasy residue that makes me not want to touch anything immediately after using it though (certainly not any touch screen device, nothing metal or glass and no magazines). The fragrance is pretty strong too but that's not a dealbreaker and I don't think that it has caused any adverse effects.

Boots makes quite a number of claims that are difficult to assess: the fading of age spots through a whitening complex for one. The product packaging says that hands will look younger, with the appearance of fine lines reduced... in two weeks! On my hands, age spots and fine lines aren't so much the issue so I can't tell if it's working. This moisturizes well but for winter, I sense that it's going to be too lightweight. It having SPF makes a difference as I've found it hard to find hand creams with SPF these days. I have two tubes of this. I'll use them up and we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment