Thursday, August 16, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

The first Revlon Lip Butter that I tried was a vivacious red which I will not wear on a daily basis. Going back in, I wanted a more practical color and settled on the pink Berry Smoothie.





When I think of berries, I imagine a deeper, almost plummy shade of reddish pink. However, when I put this on, it turned out to be more medium pink with shimmer and much less opaque than Candy Apple.





If you're the one swipe without a mirror kinda gal, Berry Smoothie will be easy to work with. You get a little bit of color and high shine. It's definitely a step above tinted lip balm and a sheer lip gloss, although it never gets anywhere near as opaque as a good lipstick.

Revlon markets this product as a buttery balm that gives plenty of shine. I think that they have fulfilled their promise on all points. Berry Smoothie goes well with my natural lip color too. If I apply just one coat, it looks very natural on. The color brightens with each coat but the formula is pretty slick. I feel like the color slips off the lips even as I'm applying. I have a difficult time defining the shape but this is easily remedied by applying lip liner.


Above, three coats with top lighting

Above, same three coats with pop-up flash

The original Lip Butter sample that I received (the color Peach Parfait) in my Target Beauty Bag is in the same vein as Berry Smoothie. They're both more sheer and have shimmer. I liked Berry Smoothie a little better although I suspect that I may have enjoyed Peach Parfait more if I could have applied it from the tube. Applying with a lip brush makes it harder to build the color.



Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

Overall, I think Revlon has done well with the Lip Butter line. With 20 colors to choose from, you're bound to find something you like. I wanted to indulge myself with a tube of Pink Truffle but I think I'll wait. They may yet come out with more shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment