Friday, August 10, 2012

Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Detoxifying Scrub

I grew up with Aveeno products regularly present in the bathroom. I don't consider my skin very sensitive but I like the brand enough to be willing to try new products every now and then. Since I use a Clarisonic a few times a week, I use scrubs less and less. But when this product entered my shower stall, I stopped using the Clarisonic instead. The Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Detoxifying Scrub has been gentle enough to use daily. It comes out a nice creamy consistency, isn't too abrasive and leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight.




What stops me from buying scrubs on a regular basis is that most are simply too rough on the skin. Thankfully, Aveeno has provided one that has gentle scrubbing beads, probably the gentlest I've tried. The other thing I don't like about most scrubs is that they lack the feel of a normal face wash. Either it lathers very little or not at all, or perhaps the grains sit in a cream that doesn't melt into the water. Aveeno has successfully combined a good facial wash texture with a gentle scrub. It cleans my face rather well and has a mild fragrance.





I'm not ready to give up using my Clarisonic entirely but I did, while using this product daily. I started with the generous sample that came in the Target Beauty Bag and now I've bought myself a full-size tube and plan to add it to my rotation. In the colder months, I am sure to switch back to a cleansing oil and perhaps this will be good for a once a week light scrub. But at the moment, I'd say this is my scrub of choice. Well done, Aveeno!

No comments:

Post a Comment