Monday, July 9, 2012

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

In the Target Beauty Bag I received with my purchase last spring, I got a sample of these Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. I received another sample later on somewhere else so I've gone through a total of 14 wipes. The Simple premise is that you get your face clean (waterproof mascara included) and you get Pro-Vitamin B5!





I'm not sold on the idea of the vitamins but the wipes do a good job of removing my makeup without irritating my skin. Yes, it can remove your mascara but you'd kind of have to rub to get the job done right. As I'm not a fan of that, I generally use a waterproof eye makeup remover before I use the wipes. But these are handy when I haven't put on much makeup and I'm out. For on the go cleansing or for travel, I think that wipes, in general, are really useful.




The Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes are not very coarse so they feel gentle against the skin. They clean sufficiently well without drying although I sometimes wish that each wipe was more moist. I generally keep bags turned upside down so that the liquid will collect at the bottom of the pile and each time you use it, you get the most moist wipe in the bag. Size-wise, I don't find that it's much smaller or larger than any other wipes brand that I've tried. The product is not fragranced and does not irritate my eyes. Each 25-count bag will run you about $5, which is also not a bad price.

I do get the feeling that the facial wipes/makeup remover wipes market is now saturated. How many brands are out there now? What determines your selection? For me, while I'm all for a product that removes my makeup well without causing any adverse skin reactions, I'm all about the price. I'd like to see them get their coupons to be widely available. If Simple can compete with the Neutrogena wipes or even the Kirkland brand ones that I get from Costco (I buy them in bulk when they have a coupon out), then I'm all for it.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. Have always liked the concept of facial wipes, especially the sudsing ones by Olay, but can't get myself to justify spending money on them unless I'm planning to travel ;) My daughter just tried these Simple ones from Target though and she said they are her new favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've never tried the Olay ones. I think these Simple ones are not bad though. It's just that at the end of the day, I know I'm going to end up getting the one that costs the least.

      Delete
  2. I really like the new Ponds wipes. They work well, remove my mascara easily, smell nice, and I've noticed an improvement in my skin. I use them at night instead of washing my face because i really hate, HATE washing my face out of the shower. They also have a face was with the same formula which I just bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had a soft spot for Pond's. I used Pond's facial washes for YEARS before I started experimenting with other products. You've reminded me to try them again :)

      Delete