Sunday, July 15, 2012

Revlon PhotoReady Concealer

Revlon PhotoReady Concealer

I did a piece on concealers a few weeks back and I reviewed a number of department store brand ones. One of the few drugstore brand concealers I did get to try shortly after that was the Revlon PhotoReady Concealer. I picked up the shade Light-Medium, which seemed to work out rather well for me.





This is a stick-type concealer, packaged much like lipstick. But it has a nice mechanism that keeps the product from accidentally getting twisted up. You'll hear a click with the first three turns and with every turn after that, the clicks are gone. But it takes deliberate force to get past each click, so you know it's not going to get twisted up in your purse and get stuck to the lid. It's a touch of genius, really.

I find the Revlon PhotoReady Concealer to be on the sheerer side. Some may expect their concealer to be very opaque and thus be able to cover absolutely anything. This product offers me just enough coverage to even out the darker areas underneath my eyes. It is more creamy than dry but it feels light on the skin and is reasonably easy to blend out.




I was pleasantly surprised at how well this product has performed for me. It's easy to use, handy to carry around wherever you may want to go and I've used this all over the face to correct minor discolorations. It works. On the go, I can get away with just this, and skip foundation. The easiest way to go about it is to swipe on whatever spot you want to even out and then press gently over the area with a finger. The ring finger or the pinky will give you the lightest touch. Blend it out, add more as necessary and blend out again. It cakes up a smidge when you put too much on a spot but that is easily remedied by pressing down with a finger to distribute the product better.

Overall, I think Revlon did a good job with this product. If you get the right shade, it will serve you well for concealing and evening purposes. With SPF to boot (although I wouldn't rely on it for serious protection only because I never do with anything that isn't really just meant to be sunscreen). Get a darker shade and you have an instant contouring product like the Chanel Makeup Bronzing Base. Get a lighter shade and you have a highlighting product that you can use under brows and on the high points of the face. You can't go wrong. My only beef is that it doesn't last all day. But hey, stick it in your purse and reapply after lunch. It's a cinch.


2 comments:

  1. Will light/medium match an nc20? I want to try this concealer for acne scars. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am NC20 and I use light/medium 003 with no problems. It may work for you. I definitely would not go any darker than this shade though.

      Delete