Friday, July 6, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple

Revlon's Number One Lip Color (as claimed on their website) is the Lip Butter line with 20 shades of buttery color. The ColorBurst Lip Butters are packaged in a plastic case with the same print on the outside as the regular ColorBurst lipsticks. The lid is translucent and reflects the shade of the lip color inside (ie. red lipstick has a red lid).






The Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple applies very smoothly. While it provides plenty of hydration, I found the pigmentation to be superior to pretty much all lightweight, glossy lip colors that I've tried. Maybe it's because I picked a bright red shade. Surprisingly though, Candy Apple wasn't too hard to pull off. It feels really good on the lips and lasts a few hours on me. Yet it wipes off clean when you want it off.



 
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple

Personally, I think that the formula is impressive. While I don't normally wear bright red, the sheer glossiness of Candy Apple is easy to love. You can have a stained look by applying it and then blotting it off. You can apply two quick coats as I've done above (photographed with top lighting) or you can go full-on glitz like I did below (photographed with pop-up flash). In all these photographs, the only lip product I used was the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple.




Another successful combination I've found is to use this as a base layer, to give lips a red tint and then top off with a slick coral. I've used it with the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in En Vogue and got some serious compliments. Overall, for the price, I think Revlon has a winner.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for showing the finish on your lips! I regularly check your blog and I really like it because it has insightful informations. However, I sometimes regret not seeing the finish result on your face, because it is more difficult to really understand how the product looks like in swatches.
    Thanks a lot for your blog!

    Gaëlle from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I try my best to add as many good pictures as possible. Still working on how to make them come out better :)

      Delete
  2. A really pretty color. Hope you can review some of the other shades in this line too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably review only one more, at this point. But that may yet change. We'll see :)

      Delete