Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

I'm sure it has not escaped your attention that the BB Cream is everywhere these days. I never much followed the trend but had to know how American brands interpreted the all-in-one formula.




Maybelline jumped in with the Dream Fresh BB Cream, their 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector. The product claims:

-blurs imperfections
-brightens
-evens skin tone
-smoothes
-hydrates
-enhances
-protects with SPF 30
-0% oils and heavy ingredients

It comes in five shades and most displays have testers. Very much appreciated! However, I was left scratching my head after trying the three lightest shades and found that I could wear pretty much all of them. The product is that sheer. Since it's summer, I went with the darkest match I could get away with and picked Medium.

Coming out of the tube, Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream is quite runny and I expected a thicker consistency since it is labelled as a balm. It applies easily because of its runniness and it seems to be absorbed by the skin quite quickly. Admittedly though, after application, I don't see much difference. It feels and looks like I've put nothing on.

Blurs imperfections? Not quite. Brightens? Ok, maybe a smidge. More like makes me a little shiny but not in a bad way. Evens skin tone? Not at all. Smoothes? Uhm, not sure. I don't think it changed the texture of my skin or the appearance of the texture of my skin. Hydrates? Barely. I still need to put on moisturizer before this product. Enhances? Enhances what? Protects with SPF 30? A joke. It has 1.15% Titanium Dioxide. 0% oils and heavy ingredients? Seems quite true since it feels light on the skin.

So as far as 8-in-1 perfection goes, the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream did not quite live up to its promises. However, if you have beautiful skin and don't really like wearing makeup, I imagine that this will do the trick for you. Think of it as tinted moisturizer. Don't expect any coverage and don't rely on the SPF. If you're under 20, this is probably all the "makeup" that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment