Thursday, July 5, 2012

Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer in Nude Silk



Here's the shade that I put on my nails today: Laura Mercier's Nude Silk. I picked this up at the Laura Mercier counter the same day I got the Cake Eyeliner in Deep Teal. Both items are part of the Cinema Noir collection for fall.




I think that Nude Silk is on the darker side of nude. It's a little bit beige-brown but I sense a rosiness to it. The associate, who was a shade fairer than I, preferred the darker brown shade released in the collection (Cocoa Suede) but I think that on my skin tone, Nude Silk was more flattering. On the counter, I tried layering their sheer glitter Organza polish on it and while I thought that it looked nice, I didn't see myself reaching for the top layer much. I rather enjoyed the cream finish of Nude Silk all by itself.


Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer in Nude Silk

The surprise to me was that Nude Silk applied better than any of the other Laura Mercier Nail Lacquers that I own. It's easy, fuss-free color that should be appropriate for any occasion. While it's not very summery, nudes generally work all year long. I think I'll leave it on 'til the weekend.


1 comment:

  1. I love this color! I've been looking for a nude polish myself lately.

    ReplyDelete