Thursday, July 19, 2012

eos Berry Blossom Hand Lotion



The eos Hand Lotion in Berry Blossom, packaged in this tiny pink container, fits right in the palm of my hand. After my initial shock at the size, I found myself appreciating a couple of things about the packaging. It's cute and it slipped nicely into my purse. The shape meant that I didn't have to deal with any pointy edges that could potentially rip or scratch the insides of my bag. The container itself seems quite sturdy and secure that I am not too concerned about spillage. It slides right into a small zippered compartment, ready for me to grab whenever I need it.




The scent is pleasant but bordering on too sweet. If you like candy-smelling lotion, this is definitely up your alley. The lotion itself is supposed to be soothing. It absorbs readily into the skin but doesn't seem extraordinary, in my opinion. I am less enamored by these than the lip balm spheres. For the size, I feel like it belongs in the dollar bins, alongside travel items (perhaps if there was a 1 oz. version?). I paid roughly $1.50 for it because of a two dollar coupon but I couldn't justify paying full retail. My husband laughed at my complaint, reminding me that the lip balms were $2.99 apiece. But I go through the lotion so much faster, I argued. He continued to smile. So I had to get to the real reason I wasn't prepared to pay over $3 for a 1.5 oz. container of hand lotion.

Soul-searching, because of hand lotion, here's what I figured. I feel that way because I just bought a 3 oz. tube of Jergens for less than $2 and the eos hand lotion doesn't feel much different from the Jergens. Because there's a whole slew of hand lotions around the same size for about a dollar. Because the 1 oz. fragrance-free hand lotion I bought for my daughter was 88 cents and I can't give the eos one to her because it is highly fragranced. Because I carry around a 3 oz. tube of a rich hand and cuticle cream with SPF 25 that costs three to four times as much but I can't be parted from it.

Since I wasn't too hot about the fragrance, I can't help but wish that they would come out with a fragrance-free version that I can give to my daughter because she would so enjoy squeezing it out of this tube. They have a fragrance-free shave cream so why not have that in the lotion?

I can see that eos is still working on availability. At the time of this posting, Target only carried the eos lotions online. I did not find them at CVS or Walgreens either (although the website now says Walgreens should have them). I had to buy this Berry Blossom Hand Lotion at a Walmart because they seemed to be the only brick and mortar retailer in my area that had them. I kind of wonder if I would have reacted the same way to the price had I been able to purchase this at my local Target.




Ingredients, as per the eos website:

Water (Eau), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cocoglycerides, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide. Patent Pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment