Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Rives

Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in Rives

From the Fleur de Lotus collection comes the eyeshadow quad in Rives. It's a very neutral set of colors: a couple of browns, one a dark chocolate and the other a medium brown. There is a white and a kind of nude peach. None of them are really flat matte, nor are they glittery. There's a little golden glimmer which you'll see in the swatch but it doesn't make the colors any less neutral or versatile. They definitely appeal to me and I had no doubt that I would get a lot of use out of the quad as a whole.





The quad comes with two sponge-tipped applicators. Although I had reservations about them being baked eyeshadows, I am happy to note that there is no shortage in pigmentation and application is very smooth. I use an eyeshadow primer to intensify the colors but I feel that this is definitely one of the better baked quads that I've seen.





Because of the nature of the shades, I don't feel the need to offer up too many application suggestions. There is a little card in the box which tells you what to do with the colors. I apply them as I would any such combination, the medium brown all over the lid up to the crease, the dark brown on the outer corner and into the crease, the nude peach to blend it all together and sweep over the browbone. The white as a highlight under the brow. There is room for experimentation, of course.




Personally, I think that this is also more impressive than the current fall quad from Chanel. The combination isn't just good for fall, it should work year-round and remain appropriate in the most conservative office environment down to a casual weekend or a formal wedding. Definite thumbs up!


2 comments:

  1. The shades are beautiful, but because it is a baked formula--I'll pass. There are just SO many better formulas in my opinion, with very easily dupeable shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This formula is great!!! It's a must have in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete