Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Fleur De Lotus




Fleur de Lotus. The collection was named after this blush. Therefore, it must be something special. And I honestly think that it is.






The Chanel Joues Contraste in Fleur de Lotus comes in the baked formula usually sold outside of the United States. But that doesn't detract from its awesomeness. This one is soft in texture. Sure, powder comes flying in quite a few directions whenever I dip my brush into it but it is really quite creamy, in a way that's hard to explain when it comes to powder blush.





The color, well I thought it was going to be a peachy pink when I saw it in the pan, but it actually borders on coral. A soft, pinky coral if you will. I was astounded at how flattering it looked on. It was simply the perfect amount of peach and rosy all at the same time. Really, this is the point where I start to think that Peter Philips is a genius. I almost feel that this blush was designed for me and I have no regrets not picking up Rose Initiale (the fall blush) because this looks 100 times better on me. It is mistake-proof, impeccably pretty, with a texture so divine you'll want to use it every single time. Love a good coral? You simply must have Fleur de Lotus.


Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Fleur de Lotus

2 comments:

  1. I know--I was kinda disappointed that I found out about Fleur de Lotus AFTER I had already purchased Rose Initiale because I think Fleur de Lotus will be much more flattering on me by far. Still, Rose Initiale is pretty, and I don't think I'll lose any sleep over owning both :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose Initiale is pretty too, no doubt. It's a Joues Contraste, after all :) And it's so different from Fleur de Lotus because it is quite pink. Definitely no duplicate. So, to have both? Why not? :)

      Delete