Thursday, June 21, 2012

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Bronze Tint Skin Smoothing Face Primer SPF 20



It took me over a year to finally get down to this review. When I received this sample, the product hadn't even launched yet. Now it's summer again and I thought it was simply high time for it.




I'm picky with primers. The slimy, heavily-siliconed ones turn me off completely. I can't tell you how many deluxe samples of the Armani primer I've tossed in the bin. This tube almost met the same fate after I initially squirted it on my hand and felt that smooth silicone against my skin. But I was in a forgiving mood, and I had just watched Lisa Eldridge slap on a bronzy underlayer (not this brand) in a video tutorial. Let's say, I was inspired to give it a try.


Scary color! But don't worry. It's sheer...

top part without primer, bottom part with this primer



I was mildly surprised that I found myself reaching for this tube of primer a number of days in a row. Yes, it's silicone-based. Yes, there's a little bit of that slimy feel to the liquid. But the finish is very good. I get a tiny pea drop on my finger and spread it on my face, area by area, grabbing more as needed. I concentrate on the cheeks first, then the nose and chin and finally the forehead. It seems to even out pretty well and leaves the skin lightly-bronzed. You can see in my pictures above that it can be layered heavily to get more of that bronze effect. You can certainly apply less and vary how bronze the skin looks. I apply foundation/tinted moisturizer afterwards and I have never found any problems with it. It doesn't break me out and it seems to interact well with the foundation products that I regularly use. A favorite combo has been this as primer, followed by the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Nude. I apply everything with fingers and get a naturally-unpale version of myself.

The active ingredients in the product are typical chemical sunscreens, which give this an SPF 20 rating. The product also claims to contain vitamins A and C, mulberry extract and retinol. I can't attest to any skin improvements from using it but I can't find anything wrong with it either. If you're looking for a bronzing primer and you're not allergic to any of its ingredients or averse to silicone, this is worth a glance. The regular-sized 1 oz. tube is $30 and will last you a long while.



Click to Enlarge Ingredients List

No comments:

Post a Comment