Friday, June 15, 2012

Sephora by OPI Nail Polish in Dear Diary

Have you seen the July issue of InStyle magazine? Salma Hayek wears Sephora by Opi's Dear Diary on the cover. I didn't realize this until I got to page 12 where they detail the cover shoot. So off I went to my nail polish bin to find my bottle of Dear Diary which has sat there unused for a good long time now.

Dear Diary is a semi-sheer pale pink that complements anything and everything. Salma Hayek is wearing a dress of practically the same color so it's perfect for the cover. But really, you don't notice it. It's one of those colors. Like if you wanted to show off your engagement ring and you don't want people to be distracted by the color of your nails.




I had many shades of nail polish like this and had started giving them away in the last few years to declutter my polish bin. Some shades are more peach, some are more pink, and they are all sheer. I'm happy to reach for a shade like this when I simply can't decide what to wear or I don't have time for a fussy manicure. Like Laura Mercier's Oh La La. Like Maybelline's Sheer Satin Slip. The formula isn't bad. It applies reasonably well and dries quickly. I recently had it on for a few days and it didn't chip. Then again, signs of wear are less noticeable with sheer shades. I tried it with two coats, as I have in the picture but it looks less streaky with just one. If you're interested in Dear Diary, it's a Sephora exclusive and it's $9.50 a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment