Monday, June 11, 2012

Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleaser with White Tea



I remember having read somewhere that it's pointless to put anti-aging ingredients in cleansers because you just wash them away. Cleanser is the one product that doesn't sit on your skin for a long time since most are meant to be rinsed off after use. So I questioned myself, when I purchased a tube of Origins A Perfect World. Am I paying for antioxidants that I'm just rinsing off with every use?



Honestly, I never found the answer to that question. What I did find with this cleanser was a semi-runny, white liquid that lathered just enough to make me happy and did a nice job of cleansing my skin. It's not too heavily scented and as per the label, is formulated without parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, PABA, petrolatum, paraffin, DEA, synthetic color, synthetic fragrance or animal ingredients. So if you are allergic to or against any of those, then this is a safe bet.




Origins also claims to use volunteer panels to test its products. Perhaps that means that they are against animal testing? Either way, with all the items mentioned that are not in this cleanser, it makes you wonder, what's in it?


Directions and Ingredients List (Click to Enlarge)

The first four ingredients are water, rose flower water, sodium laureth sulfate and glycerin. For the most part, doesn't that sound like your average cleanser? My initial impression is that it also performs a lot like your average cleanser. For use with my Clarisonic Mia, I was a little annoyed at first at how runny it was. I am used to a creamy cleanser that holds it shape when you squeeze it out of the tube. This one just pools into my palm and requires immediate application. Not usually enough time for me to grab the Clarisonic before the cleanser has run down to my eyes. But barring this slight inconvenience, I was actually fairly happy with how the Origins A Perfect World cleanser performed.

Now that I've finished the entire tube, I am seriously considering buying another one. Not that I haven't found some awesome cleansers to use lately but this one is priced right and performs... adequately. I rotated it with my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleaser for the last few months and after beginning to use some other cleansers I had around, I realized that I liked it better than a good number of them. Certainly better than say Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. Also better than the L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Cream Cleanser with the little scrublet and still better than the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser that I found in the bathroom last week (my husband and I used to use it but then we found better things).

The Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser with White Tea, at $21 for 5 fl. oz., is much more affordable than the Chanel Mousse Douceur Rinse-Off Foaming Mousse Cleanser that I'd been using (and which I still love but it's twice the price). Plus, Sephora sells Origins now, so I could wait for the next 10, 15 or 20% off coupon and get it for even less.

No comments:

Post a Comment