Tuesday, June 5, 2012

NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Buenos Aires

I love a good nude lip but I have a hard time falling in love with jumbo lip pencils that need sharpening. Something about the NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Buenos Aires had to have been really special for me to take the plunge.



NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Buenos Aires

The pencil is delightfully creamy, easy to apply and surprisingly, didn't need sharpening as much as I thought it would. It lasts a few hours without needing a touch up but it never feels dry. Color-wise, Buenos Aires is about as real as a nude shade can get. I swatched it on my arm and it looked like it would be a standard brown-beige with peach tones but when I put it on, it is actually much lighter than my natural lip color. I think that it's as close to concealer lips as I can get without looking like a zombie.






I'm impressed that I can use the NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Buenos Aires by itself because it has a natural glossiness that offsets the lack of pinkness or peachiness. But on top of that, it works really well as a base color for darker lip pencils. Now I can wear each and every one of my old Bobbi Brown Lip Crayons that I've neglected because they were too dark. Once I put them on top of Buenos Aires, they became lighter, creamier and altogether more flattering. The Bobbi Brown sharpener works on both pencils as well. If you feel that your pencil has melted a little, an hour or two in the refrigerator should firm it up nicely and you'll waste less during sharpening. Then, turn the sharpener, not the pencil. It really makes a difference.


2 comments:

  1. Love to see your reviews!It´s a beautiful shade,it´s very difficult to find nude lip pencils,and with good texture.niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely seems to be the kind of lip pencils that are sold in Argentina. There is a famous brand that all "portenias" use which is called "Jacktans". Apparently it is very affordable and its products last a lot. I remember when I had an buenos aires apartment I always wanted to go to the drugstore I had in front of my building in order to get lip pencils of all colors. That way I would conquer a BA man!

    ReplyDelete