Monday, June 18, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Navy

L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H

I spied a L'Oreal display of new products at a local Ulta store some time last week. There were new pots of the Infallible Eyeshadow and these gel liners. Cream, gel, clay... I've tried a bunch of liners in a pot before and I hold no special love for any of them. But on a whim, I thought I'd spend the $10 and grab a pot of the Navy blue one. Comes with a lidded brush too.







L'Oreal's promise: 24 hours of flawless, fade-free color with a unique lacquered finish. It also says that it's suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Sold!




While I do like the range of colors of Bobbi Brown's infamous gel liners, my eyes don't seem to like them very much. I often get irritation and even the most miniscule errant particle landing on a contact lens becomes trouble of the highest degree. I've bought the clay ones from Tarte which dried up so fast and I've tried cream formulas (one was Smashbox and the other Clinique) that simply didn't have the staying power that I required. I really expected a lot out of the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner.




L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Navy

I'll tell you. I wasn't disappointed. Not much, at least. True, I didn't get irritation, even when I applied it on my lashline constantly. The lasting power seems really good. I don't get smudging, fading or transferring to my upper lid with a whole day's use in humid weather. I didn't quite get to test it for 24 hour wear in the past week but I'm not exactly bound to do that at any point. Give me 10 hours of perfect wear and I'm happy. The Lacquer Liner certainly lived up to that.


L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Navy

Looking at the swatch, you can see the lacquered effect. It looks kind of wet but it wasn't. Applied in a thick layer over a wide area, it's pretty glossy. However, I haven't been able to get this effect on the eye. I've used this product practically everyday since I got it and I put on a good amount to make a clear line over the lashline and above it but I don't know if I'm just not putting on enough product or if I should use a different applicator to get that finish to translate. I've been using it with the accompanying brush, which I honestly like very much. I get a good clear line with some effort. Letting the product dry between layers helps it look much more opaque.

I'm not one to create a smudgy look with a gel liner and I think that this dries a little too fast to be smudged heavily. This is not a bad thing though, as you can always adjust the amount that you put on and if you do a really light line and go over it with a smudger immediately, it still works.


Click to enlarge

Overall, I'm satisfied with the performance of the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H. Navy is a good color that doesn't look overpowering when on. I think it's a lovely alternative to black. I may pick up the black and the espresso at some point but I'd like to see if the pot dries up quickly before plotting to collect all the shades. I'm also waiting for a black plum. For now, I'll have to satisfy myself with the Smoldering Plum eyeshadow that I bought with this. The other shades of the lacquer liner that are available now: Blackest Black, Bronze, Dark Slate and Espresso. Suggested retail is $9.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment