Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer

Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer

InSyle magazine touts the Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer as one of its Best Beauty Buys for 2012. This is the very first product mentioned in the article and I agree with the makeup artist they interviewed about its texture being neither too tacky nor creamy. The texture is completely different from any other concealer I have tried. It's buttery but not waxy. It's easy to blend and leaves a matte finish. I don't ever set it with powder and it seems fine.





I went to the Cle de Peau Beaute counter at my local Neiman Marcus to have a peek at the four shade offerings. The associate was very helpful and allowed me to take home a sample. I highly suggest this route before buying. But I have a couple of swatches here for you, if that's any help.


Sample Card

Inside sample card

Applied heavily: on left Beige, on right Ivory

Coming in stick form, I was concerned that the Cle de Peau Beaute concealer would lack creaminess and would be completely inappropriate for use under the eye area. But somehow it doesn't fail. Its inherent lightness makes it tempting to use it all over the face. So I did. You don't feel it on as it disappears into the skin, leaving just that veil of color to cover imperfections. Truly good enough to use in place of a light foundation.

However, in further testing, I attempted to use it to cover some brown spots on my chest and for some reason, it did not do a very good job. It sat there, totally visible, and yet did not cover the spots at all. This confused me but I decided to chalk it up to the shade match. Perhaps my chest required a different shade. I did not buy this for my chest anyway.

As for how to use it, the stick allows you a few options. You can dab it on to the skin or swipe it and then blend in with your finger as instructed on the sample card. I find that it gives the best coverage that way. If you prefer thinner layers, you can grab a concealer brush to use with it. I've had no issues using it either way.

One other thing that I've noticed is that even if I don't set it with powder, it doesn't grease up my under-eye area and make my mascara run. This experience could be totally relative but some concealers can do that. The Cle de Peau Beaute concealer has a dry finish so it doesn't. It feels like a cream to powder formula. Simply smooth and overall, very impressive. Until you remember that it's $70 for 0.17 oz. This made me stop using it all over my face.

The Cle de Peau Beaute concealer is a remarkable product. For summer, it's a wonderful swipe and go stick. But I'm afraid that I will be going thru the stick so fast that I will have to buy a new one a few times a year. It begs you to do the math, if it's worth it for you. With a luxury brand, one can't really complain about price. I love it and would consider repurchasing it but there are less expensive options if it's really not within your budget.


Click to enlarge ingredients list

No comments:

Post a Comment