Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in Sable Beige

Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in Sable Beige

"Cheeks glow in sunny gold with Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in five sensual tones with gold accents. Blended together, they create a seamless bronzing effect. Used separately, the dark tones sculpt and the light shades illuminate."

I took the above quote from the Chanel website some time ago and for some reason, I can't locate it now. I had copied it down for this post because I loved the way that it described the new bronzing powders. There are two shade options for this summer, Sable Beige and Sable Rose. Sable Beige, photographed in various degrees of lighting for this post, is pegged to have warm shades of beige and brown. This is the last bronzer that I am going to buy this year. For my needs, this is the only one that works on all levels.

Sable Beige gives a rather light bronzing effect compared to other traditional bronzers that I've tried. Even next to other Chanel bronzers, Sable Beige seems pale. I feel like it falls into that sheer, multi-shade category of powders that Dior and Burberry have also come out with. It's the type that you can use all over the entire face. However, I think that it is the most bronze-looking if compared to the Burberry Sheer Summer Glow Natural Highlighting Compact and the Diorskin Nude Tan Health Glow Enhancing Powder in Sunlight. I've reviewed them all and the Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in Sable Beige is my favorite one for this summer.




The seven strips of color in Sable Beige interact well so I always just swirl my brush over all of them and apply. You get a little bit of color and a hint of luminosity. I'm starting to think that it's the gold strip that makes all the difference for me. While the included brush is shaped to allow individual use of the strips, I've never found the need to do so. I tend to go over the entire length of the pan with each use. Because the color is light, I usually have to go back to the pan several times to get to the intensity that I want.




I hesitate to endorse this as a contouring product but it can certainly be used to that effect if you care to pick up just the darkest strips. The accompanying brush makes this handier than my favored Guerlain bronzing powder because it has a slot for it and I don't have to carry a separate brush to touch up. The product builds color slowly, just like my Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder. But because of that brush slot, and an actual decent brush, I'm now more inclined to carry Sable Beige with me over the Guerlain.




If you like your bronzer light and golden, you may like the Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in Sable Beige. If you're looking for a hint of rosiness and something that you can use as a blush, then you might want to look at Sable Rose. I have a lot of natural rosiness to my cheeks and tend to get flushed easily, especially when it's warm so I don't want that pink. Sable Beige is the one for me this summer. Have you met your favorite bronzer yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment