Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer in Lavender Cloud and Zoya Brizia

If pastel is your thing, the Laura Mercier Belle Nouveau Collection for summer has a few items for you. One such is this nail lacquer in Lavender Cloud. It's a milky lavender that offers full opacity in two coats. While I felt certain that the shade wasn't completely unique, the two closest shades that I have in my collection aren't an exact match.


Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer in Lavender Cloud

In the picture below, I have set the bottle of Lavender Cloud in between the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Lacey Lilac and two Zoya nail polishes, Marley and Brizia. You can already see the differences between the colors, even in their bottles. Laura Mercier's Lavender Cloud has less of the violet tones of Lacey Lilac but isn't quite as pink-hued as Zoya Marley, which I have written about in another post (see here).


L-R: Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, Laura Mercier Lavender Cloud, Zoya Marley, Zoya Brizia

The nail swatches below show the differences more graphically. However, I think that they are so minor that in most lighting conditions, the three colors look extremely similar. Lavender Cloud is the in-between shade and leans more grey or white than the other two.


Top to bottom: Lacey Lilac, Lavender Cloud, Marley

Purchasing the Sally Hansen color above was a bit of an experiment. I wanted to see if the budget nail polishes would measure up to the more expensive department store brands that I've been buying lately. Lacey Lilac was not bad at all. It had a more potent odor than the others but for under $3, I can't complain. It was easy to apply, dried reasonably quickly and lasted just about as long as most other polishes I wear (I don't usually wear a shade for more than 3-5 days except on toes).

Zoya is an eco-friendly brand that was recently featured in InStyle's Best Beauty Buys for 2012. Since I never got the chance to feature the color Brizia, I decided to dig up a bunch of usable, unpublished archival photos of the shade. I took this photo about a year ago. Brizia isn't similar to Lavender Cloud at all but it was one of those shades that I thought might be, just off the top of my head. It has a soft metallic finish and is kind of a rosy lavender taupe, depending on the lighting. It's very low maintenance (small errors barely noticeable) and like every Zoya Nail Polish I have ever bought, applies superbly.


Zoya Brizia

The Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer in Lavender Cloud is available at Laura Mercier counters everywhere. I got mine at Nordstrom, with the Lip Glace in Camellia shown in a previous post (click here to see). Despite not being the same color, I thought that they made a nice pairing. If you prefer something more lilac, Dior spring has the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Party Lilac, which although sheer, will go nicely with any of the nail colors I have on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment