Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dior Vernis Extreme Wear Nail Lacquer in 401 Saint-Tropez

When I first glanced at Dior's summer makeup and nail colors, I wasn't sure about what products to get so I opted to grab the Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder and the Eye Glosses. In retrospect, I should have gotten the two nail lacquers. Since I already have enough corals to last me ten summers, I opted to just get the light blue Saint-Tropez for my collection.




I have limited experience with Dior nail polish but I am starting to like them very much. I have learned to appreciate the wide brush and the formula of the polish itself is stellar. Color goes on without a wrinkle and with Saint-Tropez, I got full opacity in two coats. It's definitely DIY-friendly.




Comparing it to a teal shade I got recently, the L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in Now You Sea Me, and an old standby, China Glaze For Audrey, you can definitely see some similarities. The colors aren't the same and Saint-Tropez falls dead center as Now You Sea Me is darker and For Audrey is lighter. I painted them on a color wheel with some blues and some more greenish teals for perspective. They're all pretty but if I were to pick based on how easy it is to apply, I would buy Saint-Tropez all over again.


L-R in full sun: butter Lady Muck, Essie Sweet Talker, L'Oreal Now You Sea Me, Dior Saint-Tropez, China Glaze For Audrey, Nicole by OPI Respect The World

Bottles L-R: Now You Sea Me, Saint-Tropez, For Audrey

Same swatches tilted



I haven't been getting consistent sun in this part of the country so I wasn't able to get any brightly-lit pictures with Saint-Tropez on. But I think it will be super to have it on when the outdoor swimming pools open next month. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment