Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Empreinte and En Vogue

The Summer 2012 Collection Summertime de Chanel brings us two limited edition shades of the Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine. We have the soft beige Empreinte and the bright coral En Vogue.






The formula is super moist and super sheer. Do not expect it to last through a meal. If you don't do anything, you'll get a couple of hours of color and then it fades away. Empreinte looks like a sparkling nude with golden shimmers but wears like nothing on the lips. With heavy application, I get something of a nude pink topcoat that barely registers. En Vogue, on the other hand, surprised me. It looked so bright and juicy in the tube but turned out to be a much softer pinky coral when on.


Empreinte

En Vogue



In the succeeding pictures, I hoped to capture some of the shimmer bits in these two colors. These were taken outside, in full sun.





The next picture was taken in the shade. I think it gives you a better sense of the actual colors to expect. The swatch was taken in full sun. To get to that level of color, I had to swipe the lipstick many, many times over. I couldn't even get a proper picture of Empreinte on the lips because it is so sheer. But you'll see how much softer En Vogue turned out to be when on. It's actually very flattering and depending on your natural lip color, fades to a peachy pink.



Left: Empreinte, Right: En Vogue

On lips: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in En Vogue

Applying straight from the tube gives you mild color, like in the lip picture above. However, I've learned that for more saturated color, you can start with dry lips, then load up a doe foot applicator or a lip brush with product and apply it to the lips. You will get a thick coat that still feels light and moisturizing but will give you heavier color. Alternately, I've used Rouge Coco Shines in lieu of lip gloss. I apply a heavier lip color like a Chanel Rouge Coco and then swipe a Rouge Coco Shine on top for a glossy finish. I think En Vogue will interact nicely with quite a number of bright lipcolors or your favorite lip pencil. Shall we try it sometime?


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Empreinte and En Vogue

8 comments:

  1. Darn, Empreinte looked so fabulous in all the swatches I've seen but I can definitely see that kind of color disappear completely from my lips. WHY does it have to be so pretty in swatches? I'm still so tempted to purchase it...even though I KNOW I'll be disappointed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe layering it with a nice nude pencil will make it work. I keep thinking about buying NARS Buenos Aires for that purpose, even if Buenos Aires already has a glossy finish. Maybe try Empreinte at a counter if you get a chance. It may yet surprise you.

      Delete
    2. I like your suggestion given to Becca. I also have same problem like Becca. I don't know she has tried or not but i will definitely try your suggestion.

      Thanks for this.

      Delete
  2. I was very disappointed with Empreinte too did not show up on my lips en vogue on the other hand did fortunately and I absolutely love it. Thanks for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's such a shame when things look so pretty and then fall flat when you put it on.

      Delete
  3. Hi, you have wonderful photos here :)
    En Vogue looks very pretty and I like it. I am surprised that it's not too red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! En Vogue isn't red at all. It's very sheer :)

      Delete
  4. I have never tried En Vogue. I wants to try this next time. Thanks for post.

    ReplyDelete