Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Tumulte

Lately, I feel like I've forgotten how nice it is to browse a counter, play with a few items, find something you love and then buy it. I've begun to fall into the trap of perusing catalogs supplied by associates or hounding online sites for preview pictures and then pre-ordering stuff simply based on what is visually appealing. In the past year, I have ended up buying collections where only half of the products really work for me and I'm determined to pack up that habit and go back to browsing before I buy.


Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Tumulte

My latest browsing experience had me taking home the Chanel Joues Contraste in Tumulte, along with a few new brushes. Tumulte may seem old by online standards, only because it's been swatched and reviewed by bloggers galore. But Chanel released this product in March. That's only two months ago. Counters still have the display of Tumulte, Malice, and the reformulated (non-baked) Pink Explosion. I decided to try one of them on because I was thinking about buying the new blush brush. The associate lent me one of theirs and I reached into that pan of Tumulte.

Sometimes I forget how buttery these blushes are but I was reminded of it immediately. Unbelievably smooth. Colorwise, Tumulte looks hot pink in the pan so I built it up slowly. It has less warmth than Pink Explosion and no apparent shimmer. But it is surprisingly flattering on.

Now who was it that said that bronzer is best paired with a bright pink blush? I think I heard that from Mally Roncal but don't quote me on it. Either way, I popped on another layer of the new Bronzing Powder in Sable Beige and I realized that it's true! It really does work well with a bright pink. This is the brightest pink shade that I have in my collection and I think that it's going to get a lot of action this summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment