Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick Swatches

As promised, I have the swatches of the Burberry Lip Mists in the four shade sampler that I was given with my purchase of the Burberry Sheer Summer Glow Powder.



L-R: Copper, Rosy Red, Feather Pink, Blueberry

I have Copper No. 202, which I previously reviewed here. I also have Rosy Red No. 205, Blueberry No. 206 and Feather Pink No. 209. If you had read my review of Copper, you'll know that I wasn't impressed by the formula of that particular Burberry lipstick. I looked at these four shades and expected to like only either Copper or Feather Pink but I was pleasantly surprised at how wearable they all are.

The Burberry Lip Mists are designed to be sheer, you get that straight out of the name. With Copper, I felt that it was so sheer and it applied patchily that I didn't appreciate it. Once I tried on Feather Pink, it blended so nicely with my natural lip color that I immediately loved it. Perhaps I would choose something a touch darker or brighter if I went back in for a purchase, but I'm still reassessing how much I really like this brand before I go there.

Rosy Red turned out to be a lovely sheer red that I may well have considered buying, if I didn't just get a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in the same shade family. Blueberry applied somewhat unevenly compared to Rosy Red and Feather Pink but like Copper, I suspect that it has more to do with the pigments used to create the color than the formula of the Lip Mists that renders it so. Having said that, it sheers out to a blue-based plum brown that is perfectly wearable, even on my most "pasty beige" days. (The "pasty beige" reference alludes to a joke that a Chanel associate and I have when I once complained about how pale I was from having been unwell. Instead of referring to it as pasty white, we have instead gone with pasty beige to describe the situation of the skin.)

The Lip Mists are sheer but among a whole slew of new sheer lipsticks, I'd say this bunch is actually some of the most pigmented. I don't know if it made a difference that I applied these with a lip brush as opposed to straight out of the tube but I felt that this batch was very moisturizing. I had quite the opposite feeling when I had initially sampled Copper, which I have in a mini bullet version. Wanting to spend upwards of $30 on it, however, depends on how much you like the Burberry brand and how you feel about Burberry's lipsticks in general. The packaging, the scent, the limited longevity of the formula (although still longer lasting than your average Chanel Rouge Coco Shine) and, of course, the color, all play a part in that decision.


Click to enlarge ingredients list

No comments:

Post a Comment