Monday, April 9, 2012

Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year Blush Duo



Sephora joined hands with the color experts at Pantone to bring us a Limited Edition collection of makeup and nail color. The Sephora+Pantone Universe line revolves around the current Pantone Color of the Year Tangerine Tango. How impossible is it to miss the display which was front and center at my Sephora store and brimming with this bright color. Described as a reddish orange, the color imparts a fresh vibrance to cheeks and keeps toes delectably happy.






The blush duo features the shade Desert Flower which is a very wearable matte light orange, and Coral, which is Tangerine Tango infused with gold shimmer. Coral is a shimmery red orange and looks intimidatingly attractive in the pan. But Desert Flower appears to me as more of a peach that leans softly orange.





Desert Flower on left, Coral on right

The pans are huge and I love that. You get so much product in this duo, certainly not badly priced at $26 for 0.38 oz. That's more than twice the size of a pan of NARS Orgasm (0.16 oz.) which will run you $28 a pop. Over and above the amount of product though, the large size pans make it easy to choose a brush to use for it. I used my largest blush brush and I had no trouble at all. I admit, the magnetic closure is a little annoying (it comes off completely but the magnets are really strong) and I would have preferred a case that snapped shut. But it's a minor thing, considering all the other things that I really like about this blush.



Swatches in indoor lighting (diffused flash)

The colors themselves can be applied to a more muted effect than you would imagine. They can be used individually or together. With care, I layered the shimmery shade over the lighter peachy one, which I applied softly to a larger area. The effect was youthful and just pretty. It really livened up the face.

The formula is top notch. The texture is smooth, the pigmentation is rich and it applies evenly on the skin. The lasting power is crazy good. No fading and no streaking here. With my purchase, I also received my Sephora Beauty Insider 500 point perk in the bag pictured below. It's such a good combination of products, some of which I really do need mini versions of (Anastasia's clear brow gel is one).




I will be featuring the Sephora+Pantone Universe nail colors in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment