Friday, April 27, 2012

Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Camellia



The Laura Mercier Belle Nouveau collection for summer is out. Upon seeing the promo pictures and then finally the actual products at a local counter, I really couldn't stop myself from remarking to the associate. Me: "Pastel?" She: "Yup." Me: [groan].

I already felt kind of burned by the somewhat pastel colors of Dior spring and have finally concluded that pastel simply wasn't my thing. Nonetheless, I did pick up a couple of things. Couple=two. Only two. First up, the Lip Glace in Camellia.






I'm somewhat neutral on the subject of these lip glosses. I like them enough to buy one every once in awhile. Unlike years back when I couldn't be without my Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush. They changed the formula and the packaging a few years ago and it wasn't quite the exact same thing. I think they've become a little sheerer and more gel-looking. That said, the texture remains nice. It applies evenly and it's not super-sticky. It lasts a few hours, like most glosses in a similar price range and it's still vanilla-scented. Again, I'm neutral on the scent. I don't mind it but some people don't like it. I admit it's a little on the strong side but it fades away.





Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Camellia

Color-wise, Camellia strikes me as closer to hot pink than a warm pink, which I would more likely buy. But after trying it on, I thought that change wouldn't be a bad thing. It's not super sheer and I think that this will actually work out nicely for days when I want some extra punch on the lips. Even used by itself, I see color. So far, liking it.


Lip Glace in Camellia - Ingredients List (click to enlarge)

The other item I got was the Nail Lacquer in Lavender Cloud. Not that I haven't just bought a lavender shade at Target but I really couldn't stop myself. I've been looking for a lovely lavender nail polish for a long time. I haven't quite found the right shade. Perhaps this will be it. Will report back after testing. Makes an interesting pairing though. What do you think?


Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer in Lavender Cloud and Lip Glace in Camellia

No comments:

Post a Comment