Friday, April 6, 2012

Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 04 Sun Blondes

After years of rotating between bronzers, I've finally determined that Guerlain's Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 01 Blondes is my ultimate favorite bronzer/blush product. This determination, however, doesn't stop me from trying out other bronzers as they come out, season after season. Could the House of Guerlain possibly outdo themselves with the Sun in the City collection for 2012? One of the colors from the new range is 04 Sun Blondes.





Sun Blondes is a decidedly pinker sister to the original Blondes that I have. The mosaic pattern is almost the same but the colors are darker. There are bronzier tones that approximate a much heavier tan for the fair-skinned woman. I think the approximation is naturally precise. The set of colors in this mosaic pattern truly mimic the lobster look I get from too much sun exposure. I recommend a light hand.






One other difference that I noted between this and the old 01 Blondes is that 04 Sun Blondes seems just a little more shimmery. Not to worry though, Guerlain is an expert at giving an understated glow. It's not excessive, by any means. But again, a lighter hand might be a good idea.





Personally, I think 04 Sun Blondes is better off as a blush on me. I still like my old 01 Blondes better and that will remain my favorite bronzer/blush product. 04 Sun Blondes feels a tad too pink for use all over the face. Granted you're only going to apply it to areas where the sun would normally hit your face, I feel that 04 Sun Blondes renders me a bit overbaked. I went a bit generous one time and my husband had to ask if I'd put something on my face (normally a way of politely noting something he dislikes somewhat). I would apply 01 Blondes the same way but it never makes me feel overdone. Perhaps I should have gone with 02 Blondes for a more subtle update. I may need to go back to the store and have a look.

UPDATE: So I went back to the store for a look at 02 Blondes which is also a new release. They had the tester but not the product so I couldn't take one home. After a brief discussion with the associate and a quick comparison with the old 01 Blondes, we determined that 02 Blondes is similar enough to the old 01 Blondes that there is no need for me to have both. There are some subtle differences but in store lighting, they looked similar enough. The associate agreed with my earlier assessment that 04 Sun Blondes seems better as a blush and not for use on the rest of the face. Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment