Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dior Summer 2012 Sneak Peek

Perhaps we've all seen the press photos of the Croisette Collection by now. Eyeshadow quints, nail colors, lipsticks and lip glosses. I haven't seen any of the colorful coral and blue products on counters and I wasn't in the market for new lippies but Sephora had a number of items from the collection online. I picked out three of these items to preview.





There are new bronzers and multi-toned powders. I thought the multi-toned powders were more interesting but Sephora only carried two of the four that I've seen in press pictures. I picked out 002 Sunlight, which is purportedly one of the "summer" shades (the other two, with odd numbers, for use the rest of the year). These are called Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powders so I have to level my expectations a bit. Perhaps they will not be so heavily pigmented. The package also came with a baby kabuki brush, which I think was a nice touch.

Upon opening the compact, I was a little surprised at how light the colors seemed to be. There appear to be four different shades but I have yet to see how deep the color goes into the pan. Once the embossed letters have been used up, I don't know for sure if we'll be left with just two shades. I would imagine not.


DiorSkin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder in 002 Sunlight

In my pictures, the colors insisted on leaning a little more pink than what I think I see in front of me. There's a peachiness to it and a hint of shimmer, all of which were a little more difficult to capture especially on cloudier days.

I find bronzer swatches generally unhelpful but once I've had a chance to play with Sunlight, I may be able to compare it with others. My understanding is that the shades 001 Aurora and 002 Sunlight are more pink-toned so I am very curious to see what the yellow-toned 003 Zenith is going to look like before I pass judgment. However, I have learned that only 002 Sunlight and 004 Sunset are set for US release.

Off to the other part of the preview, the new Eye Glosses, which gets me very excited. Dealing with a rather terrible bout of allergies this spring, I've had to minimize my use powder eyeshadow. Something that will resist water and the occasional accidental eye rubbing will certainly be welcome. These sparkly gel eyeshadows come in four shades and again, Sephora carried only two. I have the bronzy Tan and the peachy-pink Sunset.


Dior Eye Glosses in Tan and Sunset

Fans of the old Chanel Ombre D'Eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows and the Guerlain Ombre Fusion Cream Eyeshadows released last year will be interested in these eye glosses. But these are absolutely different from those two. In fact, the only thing that I see similar is the packaging and the doe foot applicator. The eye glosses left a cooling sensation when I swatched them on my arm and they are certainly shimmery. I suspect that they will not be hard to apply and once set, they are meant to last. However, I am concerned about the shimmer. Removing the swatches, I was left with plenty of shimmer on my arm, which I had to rub off with waterproof eye makeup remover. I hope that this will not be a problem.


Swatches of Sunset on left, Tan on right

So I'm off to play with my new makeup while eagerly awaiting some other summer releases. Give me some time to really use these before I write a review. Have you been inspired to pick up anything?

UPDATE: The Dior 1-Couleur Eye Glosses in Sunset and Tan are reviewed here. For more pictures of the Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder in Sunlight click here. The nail lacquer in Saint-Tropez is here.

1 comment:

  1. Those eye glosses look beautiful! I will have to go check those out! Thanks for sharing!

    http://alittlebeautylux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete