Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chanel Angled Powder Brush No. 2

When Chanel released their new brushes in the United States, a few of them were exclusive to the Chanel Makeup Studios and Chanel.com. One such brush is the No. 2 Angled Powder Brush.




This is a behemoth of a brush compared to other contour brushes that I have. It can be used with most powder products that you apply all over the face (ie. setting powder, bronzer) but the beveled shape makes it especially useful for contouring. The hairs are wonderfully soft, as with most of the brushes from the new line. The size and the shape make it unique in my collection and I've happily kept it on my vanity for regular use.





Upon first washing the brush, I did get a little dye transfer but that stopped with subsequent washings. It sheds now and then, about one to three hairs at a time but nothing ridiculous. Hopefully this shedding will stop completely.





With fairly consistent use, I've found that the hairs remain soft and it feels very nice to brush it against the skin. It distributes powder somewhat lightly because although there is a lot of hair, they're long enough to be more loose at the edges. It's good for building powder product up more slowly. The shape is perfect for lightly bronzing the edges of the face and the size makes it simple to contour the cheekbones as it fits perfectly in the hollows of the cheeks. Overall, I think it's a nice brush to have, if you're willing to shell out for it. I got mine at the Chanel Makeup Studio at Bloomingdale's 3rd & Lexington.

(If interested, I have also reviewed the No.7 Blending Foundation Brush here and the Retractable Lip Brush here.)

1 comment:

  1. I wish it was smaller like the Chanel #5 brush, but it seems like they discontinued it. =(

    ReplyDelete