Friday, April 13, 2012

BECCA Mineral Blush in Damselfly

BECCA Mineral Blush in Damselfly

I'd been on a coral binge in the last couple of months. Perhaps it was that I'd rediscovered how uplifting a coral blush can be on damp days. Or maybe coral is just plain pretty on. I had never tried anything from the brand BECCA before. I thought a blush would be a fairly safe option. After going thru testers, I settled on the shade Damselfly.





In the pan, Damselfly appears a bit darker or brownish compared to other corals in my collection. But what it has is really something of a golden tinge which makes it warmer and I think that makes it easier to love it. The pigmentation is very good and I've found that with controlled application, the color is super flattering, with a hint of shimmer to catch the light on your cheekbones.






The products from the brand generally don't come cheap but I feel that the quality is there. This Mineral Blush retails for $32 for 0.2 oz. which seems a lot to pay for in one go but actually comes out cheaper by the ounce if compared to other brands I would buy like Laura Mercier or NARS. If you regularly use it and are able to go through the pan, it is the more practical buy.





The BECCA pressed powder products are housed in a signature saucer-shaped compact. There's a heft and sturdiness to the compact which is nice. Storage is an issue for me because it doesn't stack flush against other compacts but it's a small thing. Overall, I'd say this is worth a peek.



No comments:

Post a Comment