Friday, March 9, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in Now You Sea Me

Quality nail polish for less than than $5? I'm in. I was definitely roped in by a beautiful ad for L'Oreal's new line of polishes featuring Milla Jovovich wearing the shade Now You Sea Me. I'm normally fairly conservative with my nail colors so a blue/green/teal isn't something I normally go hunting for but I did for this color and I am very happy that I got it.

Now You Sea Me is a light teal that comes off more bluish in the shade and more greenish in afternoon sun. The picture below seems most true to color. Applying it myself, I found the formula to be on the thin side. I did 2 coats and then put on some extra on the sides of the nail so really it's more three. The weather was so beautiful and warm yesterday that I decided to haul myself to a nail salon and get a pedicure too. The technician didn't seem to have any issues with the polish. She said it was no problem to apply.




Now You Sea Me comes from the Iconic Muse Collection (one of four collections in the line). For spring and summer, I think this teal will be a real hit. L'Oreal promises 10 days of wear and high shine. Definite thumbs up in the shine department. The photo above was photographed without a top coat.

I can't test for 10 days on hands since I tend to change my nail color often but I'm leaving the toe polish on for a couple of weeks so I can update this post if anything notable happens. L'Oreal has certainly improved on the formula. The odor is less bothersome than it used to be and the wide brush is very nice to use. I think I might be interested in a few more colors from this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment