Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chanel Glossimer in Volupté

Chanel Glossimer in Volupté

Roses Ultimes de Chanel brings us six new Glossimers and four new nail polishes, all limited edition. The collection calls to mind a bouquet of flowers spanning the range from white to hot pink, with some lovely corals in between. I was attracted to the corals, a pairing called Devotion by Chanel, described as "sensual and all-consuming coral." This mini-set includes Le Vernis in Distraction and two Glossimers: the glittery Amour and the one I have featured here, Volupté.




Tempting as it was to pick up two glosses, I decided against Amour and only got Volupté. The reason simply being that the colors are similar. They're both coral and they're both sheer. Amour is slightly more pink-toned when swatched, possibly because of the glitter. Volupté is that creamy, vibrant coral which sheers out nicely on the lips. Applied, they look pretty much the same on my lips. Inasmuch as Chanel does glitter beautifully, it seems more a rarity for them to put out a gloss with a cream finish and the Amour effect can be achieved by mixing in a clear gloss with sparkles like Aragonite or even the more pink-toned Charming, which I already have in my collection. Volupté, on me, is what I'd hoped Burberry Nude Rose would have looked like.






Having said all this, the collection is nice but it isn't all fantastic. The colors are pretty but with the exception of Jalousie, the hot pink gloss, they're pretty much all sheer. When I use gobs and gobs of Volupté on top of a nude lipstick, then I see the coral. Otherwise, it is perhaps best described as a light peach. Some quick lipstick-gloss pairings that come to mind: you could try the following Rouge Coco lipsticks as a base layer: Cashmere (which I've been told will soon be discontinued), Chintz, Perle, Plumetis and the one that the associate recommended to me, Egerie. These colors combined with Volupté will bring out the coral in the gloss to varying degrees.




The lip and nail pairing, however, is absolutely perfect. Volupté, in the tube, is the exact same color as Distraction in the bottle. I look forward to wearing the two together. I hope to get my nails done asap so I can share the pictures of Distraction with you.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty color and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! It's pretty sheer but I really do like it.

      Delete
  2. The most colorful colors of Chanel Glossimer are the frosted ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this I tried this evening at Sephora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked the amour instead of volupte because the amour showed much more on my lips.

    ReplyDelete