Friday, January 27, 2012

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre in Rose Parisien

The purchase error I talked about yesterday concerned a certain YSL lipstick with the number 113, well, this was what I was given.


YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre in Rose Parisien

I pondered over whether or not to actually use it because it was definitely far from the color that I wanted (iridescent burgundy). But eventually, curiosity got the better of me and I put it on. Eh, not too happy with this one. From the signature mango scent to the boxy casing, I am simply not a fan.






Rose Parisien, number 113 in the Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre line, may seem like a perfectly harmless bright pink in the tube but once I'd put it on, it lacked the warmth that I desire from my pink lipsticks. It also came off somewhat frosted-looking. It's not a bad color but it isn't something that I'm used to seeing myself in. I know that I would never reach for it.

Upon initial application, I thought that the texture was nice and the color applied richly. I didn't have this on long enough to tell you if it's moisturizing but the Rouge Volupte Perle that I originally tested at the store did leave me a little chapped and that discouraged me from attempting a repurchase. This one, not being what I really wanted, is going back to the store as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment