Thursday, January 19, 2012

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette

Yesterday, I got the chance to swing by the nearest Sephora to check if the Naked2 Palette has finally hit shelves and they were there!




The company has really taken the success of the original Naked Palette (reviewed here) to heart and I think that they've incorporated a few good things in the new palette. First, a sturdier case. I definitely like the metal pencilcase style of the new palette better than the old one. It doesn't attract dirt like the velvety cover of the original. The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't stay open by itself. The top swings back into the bottom slowly every time.





The Naked2 Palette comes with a double-ended brush and lip gloss. I think a full-size Underground eyeliner would have been stellar in place of that brush. The gloss was ok though. I guess I like that better than getting another bottle of eye primer.




I prefer the color selections in the Naked2 Palette. The mix of cream and shimmer is more balanced and I don't find any shades that are ridiculously glittery and prone to fall out like in the first one. I appreciate the addition of your basic cream and black shade although I'm a little confused about the reappearance of Half Baked. It's a nice shade but I don't need two of it.





The shadows themselves are top-notch. Excellent pigmentation. Beautiful payoff. Ridiculously smooth to apply. They adhere so well and look instantly full-bodied with little effort. If you've got your eyeshadow technique down pat, these are a dream. 12 colors to work with in one palette. Grab this for travel and you could easily fulfill a hundred different looks with it. It's not as light as the first palette but I feel more secure about packing this metal case in my checked bag.





Overall, this is a splendid palette. Priced at $50, this is still a very good deal. Go get one! (Click any picture to see a larger version.)



No comments:

Post a Comment