Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rouge Dior Garden Party Lipcolor (Tulip Pink and Corolle Pink)

As promised, more pictures of the two Rouge Dior Lipsticks from the Garden Party Collection.




The lighter, cooler pink shade with the silvery shimmer bits is Corolle Pink. On me, this shade leans very, very cool and somehow didn't turn out to be quite the flattering baby pink that I was hoping for. It's very light and doesn't have a smooth look to it, for some reason. It looks a little better with the Party Lilac Ultra Gloss but overall, just isn't my favorite.






The darker, peachier shade is Tulip Pink. I was more hopeful about this shade being flattering on me and it is. However, application seems to be problematic, at least with the tube that I have. It doesn't apply evenly at all. I'm so disappointed with these two because they look so nice in the tube. Part of the problem is that they seem to apply more sheerly than other Rouge Dior's I've seen but if you layer on more product, it starts to seep into the liplines and it doesn't actually add more color. The solution, I've found, is to apply lightly and just blot. Put on another layer and blot. I add yet another layer, mostly on the inner lip and even out the edges with a lip brush and the result is as follows.





Tulip Pink doesn't need the gloss as much as Corolle Pink does and I think it's a wearable peachy pink that should look nice in the spring. That said, I feel like I've seen better Rouge Dior lipsticks than these two. If you like sheer lipsticks, the Dior Addict line may be something to consider. If you want to see the swatches of Corolle Pink and Tulip Pink, click here.


Dior Garden Party Collection Lipcolors

The Dior Garden Party Collection for Spring 2012 also includes the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in shades Party Lilac and Pretty Rose. In the photo above is the Nail Polish in Forget-Me-Not, swatched here.

2 comments:

  1. I think it really is a nice color. I find that wearing it sheerly helps with that application issue as well.

    ReplyDelete