Monday, January 2, 2012

Chanel Quadra Eyeshadow in Eclosion



I almost hate to be talking about spring makeup in the dead of winter but I'm really excited to share pictures of the Eclosion quad that I've been using since I got it.




To be honest, I wasn't floored when I first saw it. I considered not buying it. What changed my mind was the pigmentation on this particular quad. For some reason, this applies so much better than the other Chanel quads I have with a similar color scheme (think Demure, which this quad is replacing, or so I've been told).






Not having had a makeover to go with the purchase, I took ideas from Lisa Eldridge's fall tutorial on the Chanel website. She used the new cream shadows Emerveille (a sheer peach) and Ebloui (an almost burgundy brown) layered together and smoked out. The Eclosion quad contains a peach and a kind of burgundy brown as well. Layered together, they create a pretty combination that works rather well for my skin tone.




As far as the two other shades in the quad go, the somewhat taupey sheer beige on the lower left works wonderfully as an all over base and also as a highlight shade. The lightest shade, on the upper right of the quad, while not very well-pigmented like the rest of the colors, has served me well to add a glimmer to the entire look (just sweep it ever so lightly across the center of the lid) or as a dot on the inner corner of the eye to brighten it.






I wanted to show the colors in every light so I've photographed them in varying degrees of lighting. The first picture was done in full sun. Then I took the swatches over to the shade and in the last picture, diffused the flash. I used a sponge-tip applicator to apply the colors heavily.




This is not a limited edition quad and it certainly isn't precious in that the colors aren't unique. That said, this works for me on a number of levels, not merely for spring, but even in winter. It can produce the look that I tend to use a lot, a peach for color and something of a burgundy brown for depth. I always appreciate the addition of a beige and I like the variety of shimmer. It would make a versatile everyday quad that you can use for work appropriate looks in any season.

1 comment:

  1. I just love pinky neutrals like these, even if they aren't particularly unique - I agree, they are very versatile shades. The formula looks so creamy and pigmented, too!

    ReplyDelete