Friday, December 30, 2011

Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler



Upon first receiving this Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler, I didn't expect much. It was this tiny plastic thing that had come with a smoky eye set. I had grown accustomed to my Shu Uemura Lash Curler, which truth be told, I only purchased because I bought into the hype. I don't find it exceptional (the Shu) but it does the job. I'm not really interested in buying another lash curler.




I was trying to decide on the items that would go into my makeup stash one time, when I decided to pack the Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler. It's so tiny: all of about 2 inches or so in length and just a little over an inch and a quarter in width. Folded up, it's less than 3/4 of an inch at its thickest point. The parts are all plastic, except for the rubber pad, so it's tremendously light. And because it folds up into a slim shape, I'm never worried about destroying it if the contents of my bag get crushed. It's made in Japan. I really don't need to be concerned, right?




Upon first use, I had a hard time getting into the rhythm of curling. This gadget requires you to put the curler in very close to your face and it's easy to overshoot but once I figured out the trick, I almost felt like replacing my regular curler. This gives a really good, eye-opening curl. And do I ever need that!




Views from the side and from the top. See how slim!





I haven't tossed my old Shu and I still use that pretty much everyday. I have a replacement on hand and I've been given others to try. But for travel, it's always Laura. Neat little thing, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment