Friday, December 23, 2011

Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara

I bought a little Lancome kit at Sephora last month which included the Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara, the Artliner in Noir and a sample size Cils Booster XL Mascara Base. I decided to take the entire set with me on my trip based solely on the good experiences I've had with the Artliner and the mascara base. I had used the Doll Lashes mascara on one occasion before the trip so I wasn't worried that it was going to be terrible. On the contrary, I rather liked it.




The brush is good. The pointy shape, while a little awkward for me to use at first, turned out useful. The pointy tip works on the areas that are harder to reach and appplication is generally non-problematic, even on my less than lush lashes. The formula itself is neither too thick nor too thin and the blackness of the color is sufficient. I think it doesn't deliver much in terms of volume but most volumizing mascaras, I've found, get clumpy. This one generally isn't. The mascara base helps with volume-building, but not very significantly. If anything, I think Doll Lashes is excellent if you want length and definition. I didn't really have trouble with smudging or flaking. It didn't cause any irritation and overall, it looked nice.


Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara Set

I got mine in a set, which was a really good deal (see post here). But am I impressed enough with it to buy a full-sized version just by itself? Perhaps not. It's a good mascara but I've worn more impressive formulas in a similar price range that I'd be more inclined to grab when I'm done with this tube. With mascara, it depends on what your needs/wants are. I need a little more volume and this wasn't enough.

With the holiday weekend upon us, I hope you'll pardon my absence for a few days. The sun also hasn't been out much so I haven't been able to produce the most stellar product pictures. I'd like to have a chance to redo some shots I've taken. So, I might have a post or two next week. If not, I'll surely be back early in the new year. With that, I wish you all a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment