1. Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope Face Kit - this was a splurge that I made last year, thinking that its versatility would simply outweigh its cost. If you read my initial review, I liked it but I didn't love it. After my makeup reorg, I started to feel that this truly is a wonderful combination of everyday products and I have been using it all month long. You get top quality, beautiful colors and it's all in the same kit. I still stand by my original opinion that for the price, I wish it had included a brush. But I can say that every product in this kit, from the powder to the bronzer, is top notch and will work in any season. Right now, I do love it.
2. Rouge G de Guerlain in Gilian - that perfect nude lipstick. I once complained that I spent so much money on this and I don't see it at all on my lips. But after much use (and believe me, this is the only lipstick I've been wearing practically all month long), I realize that because I barely see it, it really is perfect. I think I've gotten pale in the last few weeks and this probably looks even better, the paler I get. I don't mind because all I need is the accompanying shine of the Chanel Glossimer in Sweet Beige and it looks good in very light. It feels really nice on the lips too.
|Left: Sweet Beige Glossimer, Right: Rouge G in Gilian|
3. Chanel Glossimer in Sweet Beige - it's the perfect match to the Rouge G in Gilian. Except for the fact that Gilian has a silver sheen and Sweet Beige has golden sparkles, the base color is so remarkably similar that if they were the same brand, I would give them the same name. They complement each other so well that I wear them together all the time now. I may actually use them both up at the rate I'm going.
4. Too Faced Shadow Insurance - yet another sample I dug out from my stash and started using again. I'm amazed at how well this matches my skin tone that it just fades into my lids. I don't find that it mutes the colors of my shadows like some eye primers do. I think it gives them vibrancy and lasting power and I'm even comfortable wearing this by itself. It reminds me of a BB cream that just melts right in. And with how little you use each time, it really isn't pricey.
5. BE Big, Bright and Brilliant Trio of Mini Eyeliners - that I use these eyeliners so much has been a surprise even to myself. I'm big on tightlining but have found myself either just pressed for time or too lazy to grab a flat eyeliner brush, dip in water and use a cake eyeliner. I had these sitting on my desk since I got them and I've used them every chance I could get. They do migrate at some point when used above the lashline but I like how they are easy to use and non-irritating when used on the lashline. They look natural and they are wonderfully creamy that they glide on.