Friday, November 4, 2011

Chanel Glossimer in Sweet Beige

I picked up this Holiday 2011 Glossimer on a whim. I was certain that I didn't need another barely there beige and yet I thought, it may turn out really useful. I'm happy I bought it and I use it all the time. Chanel's Sweet Beige is my new everyday gloss.




I did get this with the Enivree Rouge Allure lipstick, intending to use them together. But after much thought, I decided that Sweet Beige functioned well on its own for that wet look without the distracting color. Even better, I paired it with a Guerlain Rouge G called Gilian underneath and I suddenly had a new favorite that works so well with a strong eye and yet still looks sweet and subtle with a neutral eye. I like this so much better than the Maline Glossimer because it's not truly sheer. If anything, I think that this could be the gloss version of the Rouge G in Gilian.






The color is beige, a beautiful neutral, with a hint of pinkish brown and a good dose of miniscule golden sparkles. Once on, it appears more sheer than you'd expect but that may appear so because it matches my natural lip color really well. I feel that as a nude, this would be perfect for many warm light to medium skintones. The sparkles translate to a beautiful shiny finish although I tend to use up a lot of product to produce that look. I also feel that it's better applied with a brush. I try to get as much of it on the back of my hand (maybe 3 to 4 wandfuls) and use a lip brush to apply.






Glosimmers are great at sparkle. The texture isn't too tacky and it lasts a few hours. If you get enough product out, it's just smooth. I don't detect a real fragrance and certainly no foul taste. Overall, I'm pleased with it. If you're looking for a quality beige, this one is definitely worth a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment